Friday, March 6, 2009

Life of a Seafarer's Wife...

When I was still single and available, I never thought that I would be married to a seaman.

My father, who was a U.S. Navy serviceman of 30years was always away. He got to be around when I was already in my rebellious years. It was tough because at first it felt that he was a stranger considering that only my mother was there in our growing years.

Later, I realized that my father yearned for our love and attention. All those times when I misunderstood him I realized that he needed us more.

Now, I am sharing the fate of my mother. My husband, who is always away misses a lot in life.
He has missed a lot of birthdays, valentines day, anniversaries, christmas and other special occassions.

He missed my graduation in law school. Now, he will miss the birth of his first born.

Being pregnant and alone is very tough. I know that I am strong, but sometimes I wish that he was beside me to ease my fears, my weird cravings, my worst thoughts...

How I wish he was with me during my prenatal check-ups, when I buy things for our baby, when I saw our baby's heart beat for the first time, to talk about our dreams for our child...

Many times I feel sad because he is not here to share this wonderful experience with me.
Then again, I know that he is enduring so much to give us a comfortable life.

When he calls, I can sense that he is sad and misses us so much...I am just praying to God that somehow I can be strong enough to ease his sadness away.

To God I made a covenant...that I will love and protect my family no matter what. Though at times I am not perfect, I will try my best to give them 100% of myself.

My family is my life now, and there is nothing I will not do for them.

I trust God's wisdom, and His grand design in my life. I believe that He will help me become a good wife and a good mother.

Whatever were my mistakes in the past, I know that I have been forgiven...and to learn not to commit those mistakes again.

The baby that I now carry in my womb is God's blessing to us that I must take care and cherish. For this gift He has entrusted to me, I am exceedingly happy.

To my husband who loves me despite everything that has transpired in our life, I vow to love, take care and protect til the remaining days of my life. And though he may not always be here for us, i will make sure that he will not become a stranger to our child/children.

We will always be here for him, to love him and to see to it that all his sacrifices and hard work will be put in good use...

The life of a seaman's wife might be lonely, but I know that I am not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment